Ok, so if you haven’t checked out Showtime’s new “Californication”,
you are seriously missing out!
David Duchovney stars in this dark dramedy as “Hank Moody” a New York novelist turned Hollywood writer who was transplanted to LA from New York and suffers from writer’s block. Hank’s novel “God Hates Us All,”, has been turned into a romantic comedy called “A Crazy Little Thing Called Love”. He thinks is pure crap and he dogs the director everytime he gets the chance to anyone who will listen.
Hank is trying to get his career back on track with the help of his agent/friend. He lands a job as a blogger for “Hell-A” A magazine owned by his ex’s finace. He is pinning for his ex-girlfriend, Karen, who he has a 12 year old daughter with, “Becca.” Karen is engaged to a “tool” as hank calls him and it is driving him crazy. Hank decides that to get over her, he should sleep with anyone and everyone. Sex, Booze and drugs seem like a good way to go for Hank. Hank goes through life, half drunk, unshaven and pissed at the world. But don’t misunderstand, Hank is under it all a good guy with a good heart and hey, isn’t that the guy from “The X-Files?”-LOL
Airs on Showtime, Mondays at 9:30 is for MA and that includes: Nudity, Violence, Drugs, Alcohol, Language, Sexual References, etc.
I loved the show, it’s dark, witty, comedic and fills the void
til Nip/Tuck returns 🙂
Posted in 30 Somethings, Californication, celebrity, David Duchovney, Funny, Hank Moody, pop culture, Reviews, Satire, Sexy, Showtime, TV, Uncategorized, witty
I am an excited mama today. Today is the kiddos first day back. My youngest is going to first grade and the oldest, is going the third. I am excited, because I was a good mom and packed their favorite lunch last night, had their clothes laid out waiting and got up at 6:00 to feed them breakfast!
Now, you may think that is nothing, but having girls who are girly girls is a feat in itself. Not only did I have to straighten my own hair, but both of theirs as well. Get them to brush their teeth and make sure the dogs had food & water. I had to fight with the youngest last night about what she was gonna wear beause she is a jeans and tshirt girl and nothing was gonna do except that. Fought with the oldest cause she is a budding fashionista and has her own taste.
We arrive at school five minutes before it opens and wait in the car while they are screaming Fergie’s “Big Girls Don’t Cry” (thank God the windows were up.) I’m watching my clock with anticipation as each minute passes til I look up and the doors of the school are being unlocked.
We step out together one on each side holding my hand and I tell them to pick their feet up cause we have to cross the grass and it’s wet. I guess they heard run as fast as you can and drag mom with you instead. Only pausing for traffic, they were in a full sprint to those doors, LOL!
We walked my first grader to her class and I took several pictures of her and then her and her sister together, remaining a little longer than I should before she asked me “Mommy, are you going to cry like you did last year?” I smiled and said “No. Mommy’s used to it now.” I kissed her and wished her a great first day and turned to leave just before she saw my well up. Then me and the budding fashionista walked to third grade and we took pics of her and her and her friends and then we walked into her class where the teacher was playing Elvis! That was fun and the kiddos were loving it. I kissed her and took one more pic before she let me know I was embarrasing her. I stopped and nodded that I understood. I told her I loved her and to have a great day before exiting.
Getting to my work on time after all that and all that was before I had my coffee!!
Now, let’s see how tomorrow goes, I think I better program the coffee pot tonight !!!
Jennifer Tanner, Esthetician
- The feet are the most neglected part of the body, yet they do a really hard and important job! Here are some recipes for happy, pampered, sandal-ready feet. Be sure to massage and pay special attention to your feet, toes, ankles and calves as you are doing the steps.
- Take of all old polish (if you use polish) If nails are yellowed due to bright polishes, go to the nail restore recipe. If not, skip on to the foot soak recipe.
- Nail Restore:
- Hydrogen Peroxide
Mix to form a paste, apply as a mask to each toenail. Let sit for a few minutes-then gently scrub with a nailbrush. Rinse, then trim toenails if needed.
- Step 2:
Foot soaks are good for sore feet and to soften calluses. If there are any fungus problems with the feet or nails you can add tea tree oil, an anti-fungal to address those issues as well.
Icy Foot Soak
- Epsom salts
Peppermint essential oil
Glycerin/vitamin E oil (optional)
Tea tree, spearmint or eucalyptus oil (optional)
Put in a tub of warm water, soak feet for 10-15 minutes. Remove, pat dry and sprite feet with cool water mixed with any of the above essential oils if desired.
- Step 3:
Now it’s time to soften the feet even further. If you want to take a small detour at this point you can first use the pit of an avocado to massage the feet.
- Margaritaville Foot Scrub:
Any kind of salt (margarita salt if you have it handy) Lime juice or lime essential oil Oil Mix until slushy, massage into feet, rinse, then pick one of the following two recipes:
- A. Pina Colada Foot Treat:
- 1 can coconut milk Coconut (or other) oil
Vanilla fragrance oil
Add to bowl, warm if desired. Soak feet for 10 or so minutes, massage into feet to gently exfoliate. Use a foot brush if desired. Rinse.
- B. Seaweed Foot Masque:
- Green Clay
Seaweed (dulce or other)
Lavender and peppermint essential oils
Vitamin E oil
Lavender flowers (optional)
Mix with water to make a masque. Apply to feet with a paintbrush or the hands. Wrap loosely with plastic wrap. Soak dish-size towels in hot water; fold in half lengthwise then roll, squeezing out excess water. Put in a bowl, microwave for 2 or 3 minutes. Open up the towels; test the temperature on the inside of the wrist then wrap around each foot and ankle. Leave on 10-15 minutes; rinse.
- Step 4: Moisturize
- Use a moisturizer custom scented with lime or bergamot essential oil, a vanilla or coconut moisturizer or a lavender/peppermint moisturizer depending on the treatments you chose. Or make this:
- Aloe Foot Smoother:
Peppermint essential oil
- Last Step:
- Optional, for people who polish their toenails. Take a cotton ball soaked with nail polish remover, go over each nail. This will remove any oil or moisturizer from the treatments. Residue from the treatments left on the nails prevents the polish from adhering correctly to the nail, causing the polish to peel or chip easily. Put toe separators or lemon or lime wedges between the toes. Use a clear base coat, apply two coats of your favorite summer shade then follow up with a clear topcoat.
That’s it! Enjoy relaxed, smooth happy, pretty feet!
contributed from: www.cancerlynx.com
* on a personal note- I would add a shot of tequila to your foot spa. It helps to purify your skin. Also take the margarita salt and mix it with olive oil about 1/2 and 1/2 and apply it to your legs, it will exfoliate the dry skin. Last thing: Sit back with your pretty feet and sip on a real margarita! Here’s a yummy margarita recipe:
3 parts of tequila
2 parts of orange flavored liqueur
1 part of fresh lime juice
Coarse kosher salt
Enough chatter, let get to the the instruction part of how to make a margarita.
How to make a Margarita
1) First moisten the rim of the glass with lime
2) Then salt the rim of the glass
3) Fill the glass with ice cubes
4) Add the tequila, orange liqueur and lime juice in an ice-filled shaker.
5) Pour the content into a cocktail glass.
6) Possibly garnish with a slice of lime
This Weeks Top 10 songs downloaded from itunes.com
10. Bet On It- Troy HSM
9. Me Love-Sean Kingston
8. Hey There Delilah- Plain White T’s
7. The Way I Are-Timbaland
6. Gotta Go My Own Way- Troy & Gabriella HSM
5. Beautiful Girls- Sean Kingston
4. You Are The Music In Me- Troy & Gabriella HSM
3. Crank Dat-Soulja Boy Tell ‘Em
2. Stronger- Kanye West
1. S.O.S.- The Jonas Bros Disney
Disney has iTunes cornered too.
Money , Money, Money!
Rumor is Zac is too friendly with gal pal Ashley for Vanessa’s taste. Ashley dismisses the rumor and says it’s nonsense, her and Zac are just really good friends and that’s all. Though Zac & Vanessa still aren’t open with their relationship to the public, he does say in this month’s issue of Rolling Stone “The weird thing that no one expected about Vanessa is that underneath such a sweet girl … is a very sexy woman.”
Well, he is 19, play on playa!
Arm Spirit, has recalled 150 arm wresting video game machines after three players broke their arms.
|“We think that maybe some players get over-excited and twist their arms in an unnatural way,” a spokesman said.An investigation has been launched into the incidents and the machines are being checked for any malfunctions.
“The machine isn’t that strong, much less so than a muscular man. Even women should be able to beat it,” company spokesman Ayano Sakiyama told AP news agency.
Arm Spirit gamers advance through 10 levels, pitting their strength against a French maid, a drunken martial arts master and a Chihuahua dog before reaching the final challenge – a professional wrestler.
It is not available outside Japan.
**This machine is not that strong? Hmm..wonder if their was a few pissed off engineers on that project then? That would show corporate after not giving them a raise. LOL!
The latest dance sweeping the nation is all. Via youtube that is. Everybody seems to love to video themselves dancing to the “Crank dat Soulja Boy”, especially teenage boys, LOL!
“Crank Dat” is Soulja Boy’s latest creation and there is a dance the follows along with it.
Goes a little something like this here:
Now check this out, so your bitch ass won’t be left out-LOL
DeAndre Ramone Way better known as “Soulja Boy” hails from Atlanta (the dirty dirty) and is just 17 years old.
Soulja Boy “Crank That” has reached #11 on the billboard 100!
Album drops October 2, 2007
****YO, this shit it tight YO!~****